Erectile dysfunction & how to overcome
The inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex is identified as Erectile dysfunction (impotence).
This is a common concern among men world over. Erection trouble could arise from time to time. but, it shouldn't necessarily be a cause for concern.
If erectile dysfunction is continuing for some time, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and could result in relationship problems.
difficulties getting or keeping an erection could not only be a dysfunction but, also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease.
If you feel that it's a concern, talk to your doctor — even if you're embarrassed. Sometimes,
treating an underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medications or other direct treatments might be needed.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
A good place to start when you have erectile problems is your family doctor. See your doctor if:
- concerns about your erections or you're experiencing other sexual problems such as premature or delayed ejaculation
- You have diabetes, heart disease or another known health condition that might be linked to erectile dysfunction
- You have other symptoms along with erectile dysfunction